We Have A Winner!... Two Actually!

In a virtual dead heat, we're declaring two winners in the "Name The Dogs" contest!

Repeating her virtuoso performance in the previous contest, Emily from Colorado came in first, with the Gedicks family from Catskills, NY right by her side. Congratulations to both winners!

The names of the dogs in order: Skittles, Bullet, Petunia, Teddy, Ranger, Beemer, ChaCha, Rose, Kipper, Minnie, Nutmeg, Nacho, Moonpie, Betsy, Spot, Biscuit.

We've declared two winners because this was such a tough contest that I started giving everybody tons of clues... And since I can't be sure I was equally "clue-ful" to the two winners we're giving them each their choice of beanies. Seems fair, no?

Anyway, what deserves extra special mention is this from Emily:
"Although I have to say since Nutmeg is running on the right that really threw me off, since I thought she was a left handed trail dog."
Wow! Now that's really knowing our dogs!

You're right Emily, Nutmeg is totally a "left handed dog." She will run on the left side of wherever she is running. This isn't a problem on narrow trails, but it can be annoying when you're navigating across open areas and she insists on going as far as she can to the left! If you look closely at this screen shot, you will see that although she is technically on the right, she's got poor Nacho pushed as far to the left as his tug line will allow. Trust me, within moments after this was taken, Nacho will have given in and let the little spice girl have the left side of the trail!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest. I know it was really hard and I'll try to come up with future contests that are a little bit more reasonable. It's a learning process, after all.

Congratulations to our winners!

Labels: