Iditarod 2009: Early Wednesday Update

Good morning!

Aliy blew through McGrath at 3:57 this morning, spending only one minute to check in with race officials before pulling her hook and heading on down the trail to Takotna. I hope her dad was standing right there to give her a kiss and send her on her way! She is now only 9 miles from Takotna where I hope she will stop for a while so I have a chance -- however slim -- of catching up with her later this morning.

Allen pulled into Nikolai at 1:30 this morning and is still there. My best guess is that he'll rest there for a while longer before heading down the trail to McGrath, so I think I have a chance of intersecting with him too. I'm off to the airport, so wish me luck!

I will be offline all day unless I can find some kind of internet facility in McGrath or Takotna, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm scheduled to return early tomorrow morning, hopefully with all kinds of new stuff to report. In the meantime, I've put a few little goodies in queue to post for you at intervals today.

Go SP Kennel Teams!

Labels: , ,