Iditarod 2009: Aliy Through McGrath

With all the stuff I've posted today, I'm almost caught up after being out on the trail. This actually might be my favorite post so far for Iditarod 2009, and here's why: It really shows the value of teamwork and a little bit of luck.

In the footage that I got from Doug -- Aliy's dad -- last night, there was a clip of Aliy entering the McGrath checkpoint in the wee hours of yesterday morning. Although there was some ambient sound, Doug had not provided any narration and I was concerned that the video wouldn't make much sense. As I was pondering this, I checked my voicemail and found a message from Mickey -- Aliy's mom -- relating a phone call she had received from Doug about Aliy passing through. On a hunch, I put the voice message with the video and it was perfect! Plus, a film crew had their camera lights on so you can really see what's going on. How's that for luck!

Finally, watch closely at the very end when Aliy looks up and realizes that her dad is there to meet her... Sweet!

Labels: , , ,