Let There Be Light!

Finally! The sun came out for a few minutes... and just when Aliy was heading out for a training run, too!

I've been pretty frustrated about trying to get good photos in the dim light around here. Everything I've shot so far seems to just be flat and blue. So, after helping Aliy hook up her team I grabbed my camera and ran down the chute to catch this shot as the team raced through a light-filled gap in the trees. What a difference a little light makes, eh?

Those of you who are photographers will see in the photo below that I didn't have quite enough light for a fast shutter speed and good depth of field, but one learns to be happy with what one can get around here!

As the sun goes higher in the sky and the days lengthen, I hope to bring you many, many more -- and even better -- photos. Stay tuned!

Labels: ,