DD: Black Team First Out Of Maclaren

As you can see, the Black Team was the first to leave Maclaren:



You can also see that they now have 18 dogs again, with Ranger and Olivia back in the line. With 14 hours of accumulated rest, they "owe" only two more which they will do in Alpine. There they will add ChaCha and Teddy to the team and race for the finish line. I still don't feel like I have a good enough grasp on the numbers to make a full analysis, but you have to know this looks really, really good.

I can tell you that the Black Team has executed it's race plan perfectly, with one minor -- and happy -- exception: They are well ahead on their anticipated run times. That means they are likely to finish quite a bit before the time I've based my travel plan on, and that means I have to leave Fairbanks even earlier to drive to Cantwell if I'm going to get there ahead of them.

I need to get a few hours of sleep, so "Good night!"

Labels: