White Mountains -- Part 5 -- Take Off

In the previous episode of our White Mountains mini-series, you saw a time-lapse view of the Team setting up. The next step in the process is harnessing and hooking up the dogs, but we've recently posted a pretty in-depth series on that subject so I decided to offer you something different. While the mushers were laying out the rest of their gear, I had the opportunity to go around the dog trucks and visit with the dogs.

So, in this episode you first get to meet the whole pack of dogs. One thing that stands out in this segment is how different some of their personalities are, from pretty mellow and matter-of-fact to verging on crazy. I hope you will forgive me for using my "idiotic doggie voice" from time to time, but the dogs expect it of me and I don't like to disappoint them. We are, after all, a "dog first" kennel!

After we visit with the dogs, you will see Allen, Bridgett and Aliy take off for their day-long mushing trip! In the next episode we'll wrap up with some more great footage from Aliy out on the trail.

Labels: ,