Iditarod 2009: Sunday Wrap-Up

As you can see from this zoomed in screen grab of the GPS tracker, Aliy, Allen and all the dogs are camped together after their planned five hour first run. All I can tell you at the moment is that the teams will be resting there for different lengths of time and moving on separately sometime during the night. With that -- and everything else I've posted this evening -- you are now up to date. I do have some more footage from this afternoon's events, but it's late and I'm really tired so I will post it -- along with some other stuff I've got piling up -- during the "information lulls" sometime later this week.

By way of a little "preview" of tomorrow, I just received confirmation that thanks to our good friends and Kennel sponsors at Horizon Lines, I have a seat on a ski plane to the Rainy Pass checkpoint early tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I will be "on location" there for much of the day and I'm very hopeful that I will be there when one -- or maybe even both -- of our teams arrive. Accordingly, I will be "offline" until late in the day and won't be able to post anything new until the evening. In the meantime, I have uploaded a few "goodies" for you that will post during the day, so check back often and stay tuned... You never know what's going to happen during Iditarod!

Labels: , ,