Iditarod 2009: Official Start

A little deja vu of yesterday, I have just returned to Anchorage from the "Official" Start of Iditarod 2009 in Willow. Also like yesterday, both SP Kennel teams had clean starts and are on their way down the trail. While I'm on a roll of repeating yesterday, I plan to take the same approach to posting media here: I'll render down the actual starting footage immediately, then see about editing my pre-start stuff later. So, you can expect new posts within the hour and through the night. Meanwhile, here is a photo that Bridgett got on her iPhone as Aliy and Allen bid each other farewell just before the start. Given the nature of the Iditarod, they may not see each other for the next two weeks, or they may see each other every day... You just never know! It's really nice they had a moment to themselves before setting out!

Labels: , ,