Iditarod 2009: Late Tuesday Update

Aliy is on her way out of Nikolai with 15 dogs and Allen is on his way in with the same number. I can't tell you the teams' strategy, but I can tell you that tomorrow will be a big day for decisions!

We got a call from Aliy's dad saying that he is already in McGrath and will be there when she arrives sometime in the wee hours of the morning, so that will be fun for them. We may even get an early report from him.

I'm flying out first thing in the morning for McGrath, and although I will get there well after Aliy -- and probably after she has already moved on -- I will try to track her down at Takotna or maybe even beyond. I might also get to see Allen, depending on what he decides to do in Nikolai.

So, the game is afoot!... All 124 of them!... Do the math and stay tuned!

Labels: , ,