Iditarod 2009: Friday Morning

Good morning! Some of you may have been watching the leader board and wondering what happened over night.

Aliy was 10th in line on the approach to Iditarod last night, but she was 21st into the checkpoint this morning. At this moment, the leader board shows her still in Iditarod but the GPS shows her back out on the trail and moving well in 11th position. The two mushers right ahead of her are showing zero speed, so they may be camped and she may pass them...

Can this drive you crazy or what?

The problem with viewing a fluid situation in snapshots is that so much happens in between frames. We've had no direct communications at all, so I have no solid information, but it looks to me like Aliy camped out for a rest on the trail. She likes to do that, and it is always part of her plan.

Allen, meanwhile, is cruising right along and should reach Iditarod in time to rest during the heat of the day. Perfect!

I'll let you know if I get any real-time -- or anything close to it -- info. Meanwhile, I'm working on a few last postings from my time out on the trail... Stay tuned!

Labels: , ,