Ron's Ride -- Part 2

As "Ron's Ride" continues, we pick up with Aliy describing typical musher activities at an Iditarod checkpoint. She then does an inspection of the team and provides an extremely interesting and informative narration.

Many thanks, again, to my friend Ron for this fantastic footage!
(Note: Ron is exclusively a still photographer and had never shot video before I handed him one of my cameras and asked him to see if he could get me some footage. As a result, he was unfamiliar with videography being a slave to the horizontal format and his instinct to compose in the viewfinder made him turn the camera vertically at times. In order to keep you from having to tip your head back and forth to look at these videos, I have rotated the clips as necessary. This has worked pretty well except for the slight distortion that results from cramming vertical video back into horizontal format. I don't think it will detract from your enjoyment of the video, but if you suddenly see the dogs -- and Aliy! -- looking a little short and squat, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with them, your computer or you. It's just the video distortion.)


Labels: , , ,