Outtake: The Mannyac

Okay, I'll admit it. Manny is one of my favorite dogs.

Out in the dog yard he is one of the sweetest, most peaceful dogs you could ever meet. Always wagging his tail, always ready for a hug and a smooch. You just can't help liking this lovable hunk of a guy.

When he's in harness, however, he is another dog altogether. He's a powerful vocal cheerleader whenever he's on a team, whether getting ready to run or out on the trail. When the going gets tough -- like running up a hill -- he kicks his voice into overdrive and makes noises like something you might expect out of a Stephen King novel!

His voice is so distinctive -- and unsettling -- that Allen calls Manny his secret weapon. When Manny's team is chasing down another team in front of them, his screaming will often make the other team's dogs turn their heads around to see what kind of monster is chasing them, and cause them to lose some speed in the process.

To me, Manny is a dog who is just "letting it all out" and I find that very endearing. I featured him in the recent Solstice videos, but I had an extra video clip of Manny in action, so I thought I'd share it with you as an outtake.

If you've already heard enough of Manny, feel free to skip this video. But if you -- like me -- just can't get enough of a good thing, I'm delighted to present a special feature outtake of "The Mannyac!"

Labels: , , ,