Night Tripping With Aliy

Aliy and I recently went on a training run later in the day than usual. As a result, we were on the trail long after the mid-afternoon sunset and well into the dark. I made a comment about how eerie it was to be cruising along in the dark, with no idea where I was, unable to really see the dogs or the trail and just "going with the flow." She replied something to the effect of "You can see why it's easy to hallucinate on the trail at night!"

Well, that was all I needed to hear in order to know that something good was on it's way, so I fired up my camera and hit the record button. As a result, I can offer you this little video of Aliy "night tripping" about whether it is night because it is dark, dark because it is night, not night because it is not the right time or not really dark at all.

If you've ever wondered what Aliy thinks about on those long night runs, this may provide you with a little insight.

Labels: , ,