Aliy Starts and Finishes in 12th Place

Aliy crossed the finish line of the Sheep Mountain 150 Sled Dog Race in 12th place, the same as her starting position yesterday. With eleven dogs looking good and pulling well, Aliy said:
"I'm pleased with the results of my race, but I am especially pleased with the performance of my two year olds. When you have three youngsters in a team of twelve dogs, you never know what's going to happen. My team was really steady, but not super fast. We passed a lot of people going up all the tough hills, but a lot of them passed us going down. I just wasn't willing to run my dogs downhill. We are primarily a long-distance kennel, and I didn't want to put the dogs at too much risk of injury by running downhill in an early season race. Allen was our featured musher this weekend and he had the Varsity team. We are very pleased with his result."
Aliy and Allen are taking naps at the moment, prior to the awards dinner in a few hours. The team will travel back to Two Rivers either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

The 2008-2009 racing season is off to a flying start!

Labels: ,